Newington Green, bordering Hackney, is a lovely place to visit. It’s got a great park, lots of cafes and shops selling vintage treasures (and junk).
- The most famous Newington Green resident has to have been the Mother of Feminism, Mary Wollstonecraft. Read about how Roberta Wedge is helping to fundraise for a statue of Mary to be put on Newington Green, the Mary on the Green campaign.
- On Newington Green The Garden Classroom is run in the Rangers’ Hut. Here’s an interview with its founder and CEO Marnie Rose.
- Or maybe you just like Newington Green because it’s a fun place to get a coffee or spot the dogs. Artist James Lemon met Islington Faces there and then created an amazing painting of the office dog.
- Nearby is the social networking hub, with desk spaces, a lovely cafe, classes and pop up shops and maker sales. Find out more in this interview with Alfonso Araujo from the Greenhouse.
- Several interviewees have met Islington Faces in nearby Clissold Park, including Tim Bushe, the architect and infamous hedge clipper who uses it when training guide dogs.